Skip navigation

Macarthur Regional Organisation of Councils

Camden, Campbelltown, Wollondilly

Business in Macarthur

home > business in macarthur

 

2006 Macarthur Business Hall of Fame

The Macarthur Business Hall of Fame is a component of the Business Heritage and Engagement Initiative - one of six elements - of the Enterprising Macarthur Program (EMP).

Inductions to the MBHoF can be made posthumously and contemporarily in accordance with the following selection criteria:

  • Businesses are or were resident in the Macarthur region
  • The entrepreneur spent sometime in Macarthur either as a resident or managing business operations in Macarthur
  • The scale and size of the operation measured by employment, turnover, market share and level of investment
  • The impact on other businesses.
  • Recognition of the enterprise by industry and government agencies for superior performance.
  • Innovations that have resulted in improved business results and superior processes
  • Export performance
Elizabeth Macarthur

Elizabeth Macarthur

Born in Devon England in 1766, the daughter of a country gentleman, Richard Veale, and his wife, Grace, Elizabeth married John Macarthur in 1788. They travelled to New South Wales in 1790 when John took up his commission with the New South Wales Corps. John named his property at Rosehill, near Parramatta, Elizabeth Farm after Elizabeth, who gave birth to eight children, six of whom survived and were important members of the society.

More info

John Marsden

John Marsden

John Robert Marsden was born in Lismore, the eldest son of Guy and Tibby Marsden who became very prominent citizens of the Campbelltown Community. After attending the Catholic Parish School in Cabramatta, and the St Johns Preparatory Boarding School in Campbelltown, he received his secondary education at St. Josephs College, Hunters Hill and De La Salle College Armidale.

More info

David Fuller

David Fuller

David Fuller was born in 1940. He did his apprenticeship as a toolmaker with M Dippert and studied at Hurstville Tech. After completing his apprenticeship he then joined John Levy Pty Ltd at St Peters as a toolmaker. After travelling extensively overseas in 1960sl, David accepted an offer from John Levy to set up an engineering company in Singapore in early 1970's.

More info

Peter Gilbert

Peter Gilbert

Peter Gilbert was born in 1954. He completed his education to year 10 at Campbelltown High and then left to enter an apprenticeship in Boilermaking with A.M. Dulhunty, a then-large Steel and Mining fabrication workshop sited in Blaxland Rd. In 1973 Peter worked on site at Wilsons Promontory in Victoria during construction of the Mackerel & Tuna oil rig jackets prior to moving back to Campbelltown to join Production Equipment Ltd (conveyor designer-manufacturer) located on Blaxland road as estimator-design engineer.

More info